O they tell me of a home far beyond the skies, O they tell me of a home far away;
O they tell me of a home where no storm clouds rise, O they tell me of an uncloudy day.

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Golden Nugget #1

There are first times for everything, and the types of posts that will appear on this blog will all have their first appearances. This category, Gold Nuggets, is one of them, and this post is it's first appearance.

This post category will run with some sort of frequency and be numbered sequentially. They will be a cross between a devotional and a verse-of-the-day, consisting of a verse and an optional commentary. The "option" being if I have something profound to say about it, or if I should just let the verse appear without commentary so your mind is free of my influence.

The frequency of the posts in this category is going to be similar to all the categories, no set frequency other than what I feel like I'm being led to do.

Please feel free to comment in this category, it will be inspirational to see how God's word makes it's impact in peoples lives.
Unto Adam also and to his wife did the LORD God make coats of skins, and clothed them.
(Genesis 3:21)

I love this verse because it is the very first verse of its kind in the entire Bible, and therefore it's a perfect verse for the inauguration of this category.

We saw the fall of Adam and Eve, a few verses prior to this one, where the first sin was recorded. Adam knew he was naked and felt ashamed. And so God forgave him, and God covered his nakedness himself by providing them with skins. Adam didn't cover himself on his own, God did it himself and all Adam did was felt shame.

My friends, this is how the whole rest of The Bible goes. God tells us what not to do, we do it anyway, then we feel ashamed, then God covers our sin so that he does not see it and we are no longer ashamed. Those who never feel the shame will always deserve the blame.

Praise God for the cross and that our sins are forgiven! Jesus Christ provides us with all the coverings we could ever need or want, and all we have to do is come to him with a broken and contrite heart!
(Revelation 3:18)
I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.

No comments:

Post a Comment